Hacker Initiative Grant Guidelines
The purpose of the Hacker Initiative Grant Program is to strengthen and enrich the hacker community through small monetary grants. The following are examples of ways such grants can be used:
- Independent STEM education Initiatives such as homebrew hacking or robotics clubs, student led research projects, and other similar activities not otherwise supported by school or institutional grants.
- Educational Programs that promote student education about information security, computers and the hacker community.
- Community events and presentations that focus on connecting students, hacker groups, and other interested parties, with recognized Industry leaders.
Hacker Initiative is open to receiving applications that fall outside of the themes listed above, provided the proposed project is consistent with the spirit of the Hacker Initiative and is designed to promote computer science education and the advancement of STEM knowledge.
Eligibility and Considerations
- Eligible applicants include but are not limited to students, student groups, independent security and privacy researchers, small organizations, and individuals.
- Hacker Initiative gives preference to projects run on small budgets and those less likely to receive corporate, institutional, or government funding.
- If you have questions about our grant process please write to us at email@example.com.
- Members of the Hacker Initiative Board, Programming, Fundraising, Advisory, and other committees are ineligible for consideration.
- Hacker Initiative does not consider funding requests for:
- Activities that are not consistent with the Hacker Initiative mission.
- Animal related programs, including shelters
- Athletic teams, events, booster clubs, or sponsorships
- Awards, monuments and/or memorials
- Capital campaigns, building projects
- Deficit funding
- Development or production of books, films, videos, television programs, social media, or websites
- Endowments or reserve funds
- Fundraising events
- General awareness campaigns/advocacy
- Government agencies
- Individual crowdfunding, GoFundMe pages, or similar
- Individual primary and secondary schools, PTOs, and PTAs
- Loans or investments
- Merchandise for fundraisers and auctions
- Merchandise promotions, partnerships, or advertising
- Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals, or raffles or related expenses
- Political or religious symposiums, conferences, or conventions
- Political organizations
- Private Hacker Initiatives
- Professional association meetings or related expenses
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Research studies outside the scope of our Mission
- Salaries or staff training
- School tuition
Grant funds may not be used to promote or engage in criminal acts of violence, terrorism, hate crimes, the destruction of any state, or discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religion, military and veteran status, disability, sex, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, or support of any entity that engages in these activities.
If you have additional questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.